This TrafficPatternsXD Crosswalk on Granville Island installed just over two years ago, looks as new as the first day it was installed by Square One Paving. TrafficPatternsXD decorative pattern paving is a stamped asphalt, preformed thermoplastic treatment designed to perform under high traffic road conditions. It is an ideal choice for enhanced crosswalks within roadways and commercial parking lots.
TrafficPatternsXD™, offers fast and efficient installation, skid and slip resistance, and unprecedented wear resistance and minimal maintenance.
1. The sheets of material are positioned on the non-stamped asphalt surface.
2. The material is heated until molten.
3. Corundum is dispersed liberally across the material surface to embed the anti-skid elements while material sets
4. A 3/8” grid stamps a pattern into the material surface and gently through to the top layer of the asphalt.
5. The finished product is a brick-like, high-performance crosswalk, built to last and look great; an economic investment in safety.
High Skid/Slip Resistant: The disbursement of corundum while the material is hot allows the anti-skid properties to embed properly into the material as it sets.
Although the material is stamped to create the look of bricks, it does not leave a bumpy, rigid feel as with pavers. The installation of TrafficPatternsXD™ results in a pedestrian and wheelchair-friendly surface.